I wanted to be able to access the Arduino, and upload a new sketch to fix bugs etc remotely since I will not always have local access to the system.
I came across a great Arduino command line build environment called inotool
http://inotool.org/
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install arduino
$ sudo apt-get install python-dev&&python-setuptools
$ git clone git://github.com/amperka/ino.git
$ cd ino
$ sudo python setup.py install
$ sudo apt-get install picocom
to exit picocom serial [CTRL + A] followed by [CTRL + X]
$ ino init -t blink # initiates a project using "blink" as a template, copy libraries into
$ ino build # compiles the sketch, creating .hex file (default Arduino uno -m atmega328 for duemilanove)
$ ino upload # uploads the .hex file
The setup works well, opening the port on the router I can now ssh into the Pi and upload new sketches to the Arduino from anywhere on the web,
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.